Don’t Let Pet Hair Ruin Your AC Unit This Summer: Tips from a Cleaning Service in Montgomery County, TXJuly 6, 2017 8:40 pm Leave your thoughts
Of course we all love our pets, but sometimes the pet hair all over our homes can get annoying. From clothing to furniture, pet hair seems to get literally everywhere, including your ceiling and wall vent filters.
Your ceiling and wall vent filters help prevent contaminants, like pet hair and dander, from entering your AC system distribution and protect the system from getting clogged with dust buildup. A filter that is clogged with pet hair can cause your system to work harder and run longer, which can increase your energy bill and even lead to system failure.
When your AC is on, the system pulls air through the ceiling and wall vents, cools it and then re-circulates the cooled air into your home. Unfortunately, if you have pets, it doesn’t take long for your ceiling and wall vents to get clogged with pet hair. Managing your pet’s hair is essential if you want to keep your AC system running smoothly and efficiently. Below are a few things you can do to help control the pet hair in your home and keep your ceiling and wall vents free and clear this summer:
- Give your pet weekly baths: It may be a hassle, but giving your pet a bath once a week will help keep the pet hair in the tub, and out of your home and AC vents.
- Invest in an air purifier: There are some really good, high quality air purifiers out there that you can run 24/7 without wasting too much energy. These air purifiers can help pull some of the pet hair out of the air and keep it away from your AC vents.
- Clean your vents regularly: This may seem like a given, but it’s actually easy to forget to check your air vent when cleaning. A quick wipe down or vacuuming of your vents can help keep them clean and free of pet hair so your AC can remain protected.
- Brush and groom your pet daily: Don’t neglect your pet grooming responsibilities, especially during the summer months. Pets tend to shed more when it’s hot, so brushing your pet will not only help keep the pet hair out of your AC vents, but it will help keep your pet happy and comfortable, too.
- Vacuum and clean your home frequently: Regularly cleaning and vacuuming your floors and furniture is a must if you want to keep the pet hair in your home under control. If you don’t have the time to do this yourself, you can always hire a professional cleaning service in Montgomery County, TX to help.
Controlling the pet hair in your home may seem like a lot of work, but it’s worth it if it can help keep your air pure, your energy costs down and your AC system running smoothly and efficiently. If you want help keeping on top of the pet hair in your home, call A British Touch, your local, friendly cleaning service in Montgomery County, TX.
Categorised in: Cleaning Service
This post was written by Writer