Whether they’re in a home or an office, wall and ceiling vents can be difficult to keep clean. Since they’re positioned down low or up high, they’re easy to overlook when you’re focused on cleaning everything at eye level. Vents can also just be too difficult or awkward to reach to give them a proper cleaning. For these reasons, many people just skip cleaning their vents altogether.
But when you neglect your vents, you could be doing more harm than good. Vents may not be as visible as other parts of your home or office that collect dust, but they perform a vital job in keeping your environment clean, comfortable and healthy. Here are just five of the reasons you should keep your vents clean by changing the filters regularly—or hire professional cleaners in Conroe, TX to help you:
- Your heating or cooling bills are through the roof: Vents trap dust and dirt easily, which can block the air from effectively passing through. When the vent is clogged with debris, your heating or cooling system has to work harder to reach the desired temperature. This means your heat or air conditioning will be running more frequently to keep the space comfortable, costing you more money.
- Your allergies are going haywire: Allergens live in the dust and grime that gets caught in your vents. When you turn your heating or air conditioning on, the air moving through the vent can push the allergens out into your home or office. If you already have allergies, this will almost certainly aggravate your symptoms, and even people without allergies may notice some physical discomfort.
- You have a dog, cat or other furry friend: You already know your pet sheds, but you’d probably be surprised to learn just how much of that fur ends up in your vents. Animal hair that clogs your vents can easily be scattered around the house again, despite any cleaning you do throughout the rest of your home. The vents can also disperse the fur to areas your pet doesn’t frequent, and no one wants pet hair where they cook or bathe.
- You’re planning to sell your property: Nothing turns off a prospective buyer like a layer of black dust all over the outside of your air vents. Dirty vents can also cause musty odors to develop if left unclean for too long—another symptom that sends buyers running in the other direction. If you plan to hire professional cleaners in Conroe, TX to do a deep clean in your home or office, ask that they pay close attention to the vents.
- You can’t remember the last time the vent filters were replaced: Experts recommend that you replace ceiling vent filters once a month to keep them in good shape. For wall vents, which can collect dust more quickly, check the filters every two weeks to see if they need to be replaced.
If you’re interested in hiring professional cleaners in Conroe, TX to clean the vents in your home or office, A British Touch can help. We have the right skills and tools to keep your vents clear and functioning properly. Get in touch with us to learn more about how we can help you.
Categorised in: Professional House Cleaning
This post was written by Writer